WARSAW (15 November 2016)– Prologis, Inc., the global leader in logistics real estate, today announced that it has signed six lease agreements totalling 33,730 square metres at Prologis Park Chorzów, Prologis Park Dąbrowa and Prologis Park Będzin II.
The transactions include:
- 12,100 square metre lease renewal with Magna Automotive Poland, a subsidiary of a Canadian-domiciled global leader in automotive component manufacturing, at Prologis Park Dąbrowa. Cushman & Wakefield facilitated the transaction.
- 9,500 square metre new lease agreement with Polonia Logistyka, a Polish logistics company that provides services for customers in the automotive industry, at Prologis Park Będzin II. Glob Nieruchomości facilitated the transaction.
- 4,000 square metre new lease agreement with Spokey, a sporting goods manufacturer, at Prologis Park Chorzów.
- 3,500 square metre new lease agreement with DTW Logistics, which provides professional services
in the national and international carriage of neutral goods, cool cargo and hazardous goods, at Prologis Park Będzin II.
- 2,700 square metre new lease agreement with Zeta Pro Office, an office supplies distributor, at the newly delivered Small Business Unit (SBU) facility at Prologis Park Chorzów. Jartom Real Estate facilitated the transaction.
- 1,930 square metre new lease agreement with Colmec, a Swedish producer and distributor of tires for trucks, buses and passenger cars, at the SBU facility at Prologis Park Chorzów. Profit Nieruchomości facilitated the transaction.
“Our 94 percent occupied portfolio in the Silesia region, which comprises four conveniently located logistics parks,is able to meet high demand from our customers,” said Piotr Brycki, leasing manager, Prologis Poland. “Located near key transit routes and still within the city limits, Prologis Park Dąbrowa, Prologis Park Chorzów and Prologis Park Będzin II can also be used by e-commerce businesses for last-mile logistics to ensure the fast delivery of goods,” Brycki added.
Prologis Park Chorzów comprises five buildings totalling 251,000 square metres. The park is located on the western outskirts of Katowice, in the immediate vicinity of the A4 motorway connecting Ukraine and Germany, and just 15 kilometres from the Gliwice-Sośnica Interchange, a junction of the two largest international transport corridors in Poland.
Prologis Park Dąbrowa comprises 10 buildings totalling 144,000 square metres. The park is located in Dąbrowa Górnicza, in northeastern Silesia, and has convenient access to numerous key transport routes, including the express road S1, which provides a direct connection to the A4 motorway and the international airport in Katowice.
Totalling 46,000 square metres of logistics space, Prologis Park Będzin II is near the A4 motorway, part of European route E40, the largest route that connects Eastern and Western Europe.
With its active engagement in four CEE countries and a portfolio totalling 4.4 million square metres, Prologis is the leading provider of distribution facilities in Central and Eastern Europe (as of 30 September 2016).